This Notice is only for individuals who reside in the State of California and are applying for jobs at the Company.
ASSISTANCE FOR APPLICANT WITH A DISABILITY
Alternative formats of this Notice are available to individuals with a disability. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For purposes of this Notice,
“Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a natural person that the Company collects about its applicants, who reside in California, in their capacity as applicants with the Company. “Personal Information” does not include publicly available information, deidentified or aggregated consumer information, or other information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, such as information covered by other sector-specific privacy laws (e.g., Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996).
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Below are the categories of Personal Information the Company may collect about you and the purposes for which the Personal Information may be used.
- Identifiers, including name, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, driver’s license or state identification card number, or telephone number.
- Personal Information Categories from Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e).
- Characteristics of Protected Classification, including information about race, age, national origin, disability, sex, and veteran status as necessary to comply with legal obligations, including the reporting requirements of the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Act, the federal Office of Contracting Compliance Programs (applicable to government contractors), and California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act, and for purposes of diversity analytics. The Company also collects citizenship status as necessary to comply with certain government contracts and with other legal requirements, including export control laws.
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information, including how you may interact with our Website.
- Geolocation information, including physical address.
- Audio, Electronic, Visual, or Similar Information, including footage from video surveillance cameras in Company facilities and photos for identity proofing purposes.
- Professional or Employment-Related Information, including compensation, membership in professional organizations, professional certifications, and current and past employment.
- Education Information, including educational institution attended, degrees obtained, awards, and grade point average.
- Sensitive Personal Information, including:
- Social Security Number, driver’s license, state identification card, and passport number;
- Form I-9 documents, which may include certain Sensitive Personal Information such as Social Security Number and passport;
- Certain information for and derived from pre-employment background checks;
- Information related to health and vaccination status;
- Information about race, age, national origin, disability, sex, religion, and veteran status as necessary to comply with legal obligations, including the reporting requirements of the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Act, the federal Office of Contracting Compliance Programs (applicable to government contractors), and California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act, and for purposes of diversity analytics; and
- Citizenship and immigration status as necessary to comply with certain government contracts and with other legal requirements, including export control laws.
POTENTIAL PURPOSES FOR WHICH ANY OF THE CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION LISTED ABOVE MAY BE USED
The Company may use applicants’ Personal Information for business and commercial purposes that facilitate administrative functions. These uses include, but are not limited to the following:
- to assess applicants’ suitability for a position, their qualifications for employment with the Company, and to conduct a pre-employment background check;
- to administer the applicant relationship, administer compensation, equity grants, and other forms of compensation, and conduct recordkeeping;
- to arrange meetings and other Company events;
- to maintain an internal directory, and for purposes of identification;
- to analyze how applicants interact with our websites;
- to conduct internal audits or internal investigations;
- to protect the safety and security of the Company’s facilities, such as through video surveillance;
- to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of the Company’s website, products, services, databases, networks, and other technical assets and business;
- to comply with Federal and California law related to accommodation;
- to manage litigation involving the Company, and other legal disputes and inquiries, and to meet legal and regulatory requirements;
- to obtain and maintain required security clearances and government authorizations;
- in connection with a corporate transaction, sale, or assignment of assets, merger, divestiture, or other changes of control or financial status of the Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates;
- to manage licenses, permits and authorizations applicable to the Company’s business operations; and
- to provide required disclosures in accordance with federal law.
CATEGORIES OF SOURCES FROM WHICH PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
The Company collects Personal Information from you and from your interactions with the Company’s sites or services, and from recruiting agencies.
CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DISCLOSED FOR A BUSINESS PURPOSE
The Company may disclose the following categories of Personal Information for a business purpose:
- Personal Information Categories from Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e).
- Characteristics of Protected Classification
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information
- Geolocation information
- Audio, Electronic, Visual, or Similar Information
- Professional or Employment-Related Information
- Education Information
- Sensitive Personal Information
The purposes for disclosing this Personal Information are consistent with the reasons stated above.
CATEGORIES OF THIRD PARTIES
We may disclose Personal Information to the following categories of third parties:
- To contractors, subcontractors, vendors, and third parties, such as applicant portals;
- To maintain security on the Company’s websites and offices or work sites;
- To third parties to whom you ask us to send Personal Information;
- To our subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control;
“SELLING” AND “SHARING” UNDER THE CCPA
We do not “sell” or “share” the Personal Information you provide to us when you apply for a job, as those terms are defined by the CCPA. We do not have actual knowledge of selling or sharing Personal Information of minors under 16.
It is our policy to not retain Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information for longer than is reasonably necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected. The criteria we use to determine the specific retention period include: the type of information collected, our business purposes for retaining the information, and the various legal and regulatory requirements, including federal contracting obligations and EEO reporting requirements.
RIGHTS UNDER THE CCPA
California residents have the following rights under the CCPA:
- The right to know what Personal Information the business has collected about the consumer, including the categories of personal information, the categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing Personal Information, the categories of third parties to whom the business discloses Personal Information, and the specific pieces of Personal Information the business has collected about the consumer;
- The right to delete Personal Information that the business has collected from the consumer, subject to certain exceptions;
- The right to correct inaccurate Personal Information that a business maintains about a consumer;
- If the business sells or shares Personal Information, the right to opt-out of the sale or sharing of their Personal Information by the business;
- If the business uses or discloses sensitive Personal Information for certain reasons, the right to limit the use or disclosure of sensitive Personal Information by the business; and
- The right not to receive discriminatory treatment by the business for the exercise of privacy rights conferred by the CCPA, including an employee’s, applicant’s, or independent contractor’s right not to be retaliated against for the exercise of their CCPA rights.
HOW TO EXERCISE YOUR CALIFORNIA RIGHTS
If you are a resident of California, to exercise or to inquire about the above rights, please submit a verifiable request to us by either:
- Calling us at 1-800-667-8519
- Emailing us at Noridiancompliance@noridian.com.
- Please indicate in your communication that your request is pursuant to the CCPA.
This Notice was last updated December 29, 2022. We may update or revise this further from time to time.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Notice, please contact us at:
Noridian Healthcare Solutions
Attn: Privacy Officer
PO Box 6055
Fargo ND 58103
1-800-667-8519 (Privacy concerns only)